Top 7 Extra Large Building Blocks for Kids
One of the most common playing items for kids are toy building blocks.
Parents prefer them because they keep their kids busy and occupied and they never tire out of them as it is with other toys.
Unknown to most parents, the building blocks perform several other functions crucial to the development and growth of your kid.
Also check out: The Top 7 Best Wooden Blocks For Kids!
Benefits of Building blocks for kids
· They Improve your kids’ motor skills and strength.
This is because the kids have to manipulate the various blocks into creating shapes.
To execute the shapes correctly they need to exercise their motor skills.
In case of extra-large building blocks, they help develop your toddler’s strength.
· They Enhance their visual/spatial awareness enabling them to work out patterns and space which is useful in reading readiness.
· Encourage children to think and develop analysis skills which are helpful in making them independent.
· Develops and improves focus and patience for children to be successful in their designs.
· Encourages creativity and imagination as children work out their fantasy worlds and stories which develop cognitively, language and academic ability.
· Helps develop social skills and cooperative play whenever they play with others – fostering team spirit.
· Helps develop problem-solving skills, understanding the different possibilities and deciding what will work and what doesn’t.
· Build confidence in the children and belief in themselves when they finally finish their designs.
· Helps them develop basic math and science skills understanding how things around them work.
The advantage of large extra building blocks is in the possibilities they offer and the almost real life sizes they allow children to create.
They also cannot be swallowed by the kids and are easy to manipulate.
Here are the top seven extra-large building blocks for kids that you should check out:
1. Smart Monkey Giant Building Block 40-piece set
These award winning blocks are a staple in most child care centers.
They are built with lightweight corrugated cardboards and come in mixed sizes and colors.
Their lightweight nature belies their durability and can take a beating and last several years.
They are made of non-toxic ink and have water resistant coating which also makes them easy to clean.
You can use them for a number of purposes including teaching math’s skills.
You however need enough storage space for the assembled pieces.
They are great for 18 months to 6 year old kids.
2. Lewo Giant Wooden Stacking Blocks
These blocks provide numerous game varieties for different occasions.
You can use them to play a tumbling towers or dominoes blocks.
A package contain 54 blocks in a set of six colors, 2 dices and 1 storage bag for easy movement and storage.
They have the advantage for providing fun for the whole family being recommended for anyone from 6 to 50 years of age.
3. Melissa and Doug Jumbo Extra-Thick Cardboard Building Blocks
For children interested in creating towers of different shapes and sizes this 40 piece stack from an acclaimed manufacturer is the best choice.
The blocks come in a set of three sizes and bright colored blocks.
They are easy for handling but their extra strength allows the kids to sit and stand on them safely.
They can be created in numerous shapes and sizes to the delight of your kids.
4. Giant Form Building Blocks – by Number 1 in Service
If you are looking for something more advanced and versatile to challenge your kids both boys and girls, this is a set to get for them.
It comes with 50 pieces all bright colored and in different shapes and sizes.
They are waterproof and non-toxic and also non-allergic.
The pieces are open ended and it is really up to your child’s imagination to come up with any design and creation.
5. Kids adventure Jumbo
These are the ultimate extra-large building blocks set.
Kids Adventure makes them in various capacities and you can go for the 96 piece set or the mega 192 piece set.
Either way your kids will have multiple pieces to use.
They come in the primary colors of Red, Blue, Green and Yellow and use an interlocking design to create the structures.
They are made from durable plastic and have rounded edges for extra safety.
They are ideal for children aged 24 months to 10 years.
6. Jenx Toys Jumbo 60 Pieces Magnetic Rods and Balls Building Blocks
This package includes 22, 3” long rods, 10. 5” long rods, 10 5” long flexible bends rods, 20, 2.5” diameter balls, 1 toy bag and a user’s manual.
This introduces a new dimension to construction blocks with its designs and magnetic construction mechanism.
You can create all manner of shapes and 3-D structure.
It is safe, made of premium quality with multiple colors for further excitement.
It is recommended for children above 3 years of age
7. SmartMax Build XXL
This is another set of building blocks which uses magnetic construction.
It has 70 pieces and different colors based on the magnetic polarity.
The package includes a hardy storage container whose lid and the bottom of the container have building grids to start of the construction.
The magnets are very strong and are able to support up to 70 times their weight.
You can use these to learn STEM skills and simple engineering while designing endless shapes.
They are suitable for children aged three years and above.
Now you know the top Extra Large Building Blocks For Kids.
Which one from the list is your child’s favorite?
Feel free to share your comments below and also remember to share on your favorite social media site.
Thank you for stopping by.